Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bluebell Woods

I had heard about some woods called Bluebell Woods not far from Oxford.  I had also heard that they boast a carpet of blue in May that is not to be missed .  It turns out the woods are at Harcourt Arboretum, just 5 miles from our home.  John and I took a walk through the woods this afternoon and we couldn't believe how beautiful they were!  

Bluebell Woods at Harcourt Arboretum -- just a few miles outside Oxford and part of the University
The blue color in is far more vibrant than my iphone camera could capture

I felt a bit like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz -- except someone had given me azure glasses instead of green ones.
The trees are every bit as beautiful as the bluebells
I wish I could capture the true scope of the color of these woods
There are bluebells in the woods behind our house but they are not a prolific as they are at Harcourt Arboretum
Apparently, bluebells are the quintessence of an English woodland in the Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment