Sunday, September 9, 2012

Team GB Delivers the Gold Again!

Watching London host, broadcast, and support the greatest Paralympic Games in history has made me even more impressed and proud of the great country of Great Britain.  These games have been every bit as exciting, attended, talked about, watched and cheered as the regular Olympics.  The stunning performances  and the personal stories of the athletes have been so moving and inspiring. I've always been a huge fan of the Olympics but now I'm an even bigger fan of the Paralympics.   I'm so very glad I got to see a part of them.  I'm sad to see them end.  

A TV commentator said that the joy, excitement and sense of pride the England has felt this summer from the Diamond Jubilee to the Olympics and the Paralympics, has made a permanent positive mark on the psyche of this country and  impression of Great Britain to the world.  Being here this summer certainly has made an unforgettable mark on me. 
The Closing Ceremony with the Band Cold Play and Rihanna. Photo by Denise Williams.
I watched the closing ceremonies on TV.
North Greenwich Arena near Olympic Park hosting  Basketball and Wheelchair Basketball competitions
Go Team GB
The arena an hour before the game -- before it was full of spectators.


The Netherlands creamed the U.S. Women's Team


The Paralympics Logo
The two teams greeting each other before the game


I just couldn't capture in a photo the grace in which these athletes move

No comments:

Post a Comment