Thursday, January 14, 2016

Filming the movie Dr. Strange in Oxford

Filming season has already started in Oxford.  This week dozens of production trucks are scattered around Exeter College and in front of the Bodlelian Library.  When there are so many trucks, you know it's a movie with a big budget.  It is clear the filming is going on inside Exeter College which is closed to the public and quite well guarded.  I asked a few of the security guards standing about what is being filmed and they either said they didn't know or they couldn't say.  It is all very hush hush.  


That made me curious so I when I got home I did a little online research. The movie that is being filmed is a Marvel comic movie, Dr Strange, staring Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch with Rachel McAdams.  No wonder there is such tight security and closed doors.  I doubt I'll be lucky enough to see any actual filming -- that will take place behind the walls of the college. Let's hope that whatever action there is doesn't include blowing up the Sheldonian or the Radcliffe Camara.  I'll post more pictures if I get to see anything any more interesting than production trucks.  


Here's a few links to the Dr. Strange movie:






Trucks on Catte Street


Turl Street in front of Exeter College


Turl Street


Catte Street in front of the Bodelian Library


Catte Street in front of the Sheldonian


 Broad Street with location signs (SWP) pointing to Exeter College


Look what is in the window of Blackwell's poster shop on Broadstreet!





No comments:

Post a Comment