Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Funny Signs I've seen in Great Britain

These signs need no explanation except to say they have all made me smile.


No waiting?

Polite Notice ... so British.

Ok, this one was in a gift shop but it still made me laugh.

I didn't know what a naked light was.  I had to ask.  It's an open flame.

Just what I needed as we neared the end of a long walk.

Dead Slow? ... as in stop?

Who's priorities are they talking about?

 Just drop him off at this pub .

 On a window near the Story Museum in Oxford.

 So reasonable.

 At first I thought this said "Ready Taken"  as in the road already taken. Then I though it meant to have a token ready for a toll booth.  Instead, Ready Token is a hamlet in Gloucestershire

 How does one potter?

A sign seen in Kent.  Thanks for the warning.

...and may I add for Hedgehogs sake too!

No idea!




2 comments:

  1. Came across your blog when I was looking at Pinterest. I hope you don't mind, but I've been looking through your Oxford Photo's and they are really great. I was born and brought up in Oxford, but had to leave for work and now we live in Norfolk. I can honestly say not a day goes by without me thinking about it and longing to go back! Your pictures capture the spirit of Oxford very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Sue. I feel so lucky to live in Oxford for a time. I try to see and do and take advantage of all that it has to offer. I can imagine when we leave, I will miss it very much. Where else can you find s place as magical, beautiful, quirky, and enchanting as Oxford?! I hope you get the chance to move back.

      Delete