Saturday, June 21, 2014

Where to go for great views of the Oxford Skyline or "The Dreaming Spires"


The view from the top of South Park (photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:South_Park_Oxford.jpg)


 From Boars Hill, west of the city...

...there is a lovely view from the Old Berkeley Golf Course or from Berkeley road just off Foxcombe Road.  (These pictures were taken from the same spot --  the top one was with a telephoto lens)


There is still a bit of a view from Port Meadow. I hear the view from the balcony of Headington Hill Hall is excellent but you need permission from Oxford Brooks University. I haven't been there yet. I've had a glimpse of the Dreaming Spires from Barrack Road, off Hollow Lane in Cowley but I was driving and couldn't stop to take a photo. 

Do you have a favorite view of the Oxford skyline?  I'd love to know about it.

Here is what folks on Tripadvisor have said: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186361-i440-k6739839-Dreaming_spires_view-Oxford_Oxfordshire_England.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelley. You have a wonderful blog, and beautiful photos of Oxford! Thank you for sharing :) I'm trying to figure out how to contact you to ask permission to use one of your above photos on our charity's website, but I don't see a way to contact you. Could you kindly email me at abby at wechope.org? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete