Thursday, September 25, 2014

Be A Tourist In Your Own Town

John attended a conference in Oxford this week and the organizers rented a hop-on-hop-off bus for a tour of Oxford. I was delighted for the opportunity to join the tour and be a tourist in my own town. I learned all kinds of things I didn't know about Oxford. I also loved seeing the streets of Oxford from the top of the bus. It's a great perspective being eye-to-eye with the gargoyles.

 The view from the back of the bus



An amazing roof-top pad on the High Street



When I can't look in the shop windows suddenly I notice the color of the building above



The colorful High Street



Up Close with the Gargoyles



Empty punts on the Cherwell



Queens College on the High Street



Holywell Street



The Broad Street -- looking towards Debenhams




Turl Street



Broad and Catte Street



Broad Street -- looking toward Hertford College

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and excellent photos. Thanks.
    Coach Rental and Bus Charter Services Grow in Popularity as More People Value Travel: http://www.europa-coaches-paris.com/

    ReplyDelete