Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Filming Endeavour in Oxford, May 2015

It is always such a delightful surprise to go around a corner in Oxford and find a film shoot going on. Today as I walked down St. Giles, I first saw the sign that there was a shoot up ahead, and then saw the crew in front of the Lamb and Flag pub. The film shoot was for a scene in season 3 of Endeavor. 



Endeavour is a popular British television detective drama series. It is a prequel to the long-running and beloved Inspector Morse which ran from 1987 to 2000. Morse was followed by the equally loved series Lewis which has had 7 seasons and hopefully there will be one more.  Like these previous dramas, Endeavour is set primarily in Oxford but in Endeavour's case takes place in the early 1960s.   Shaun Evans portrays a young Endeavour Morse beginning his career as a Detective Constable with the Oxford City Police.  I admit I'm a fan of both Lewis and Endeavour, partly because I think they are smartly written, beautiful acted and well crafted television, and it part because Oxford plays a major role in each series. 





Translation: Endeavour Location



Shaun Evans plays young Endeavour Morse




Jack Laskey and Shaun Evans



Jack Laskey plays a Detective Sergeant 







I couldn't stay for the second film shoot that was being set up on Upper Fisher Row.  This one involved a firetruck and firemen from the 1960s, the time period for Endeavour.  It looks like Endeavour will be filming throughout the week at various Oxford locations.  







1 comment:

  1. Hi! I hope you don't mind but I have used some of your photos above on my blog; https://morseandlewisandendeavour.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete