Thursday, June 11, 2015

They are back in Bampton filming Downton Abbey Season Six.

Late last night I had an email from a friend in Bampton telling me the film crew was in town and would be filming today.  While I didn't have much time Bampton is only 25 minutes away from our home so I drove  out to watch for about an hour.  It is sad to think that this is the last season of Downton Abbey and, after this, the little town of Bampton will no longer turn into Downton each summer.  Here is what it looked like today.  




A very short scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVDUHARoyyM

A rehearsal for a scene:  https://youtu.be/wytqFQNLqUo


Gathering in front of Mrs. Crawley's house

Extras, gawkers, and crew

Mr. Mosely  (Kevin Doyle)



Most of the extras are townspeople of Bampton


There is a lot of hurry-up-and-wait on the set


It doesn't take much to create the Downton Post Office


Dr. Clarkson (David Robb) and Denker (Sue Johnston)





Normally they film two days in a row.  Not this time.  I hope this means they will be back for one more shoot and that I'll find out about it in time.  Hopefully, more to come....


1 comment:

  1. Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete